Thursday, June 12, 2008

I may take over the world

There are about...six or seven...blogs I love to read. I have a rule, Monday's and Friday's. I check blogs ONLY on those days because if I don't have a rule well, I'm sitting here all day frantically waiting on one of these brilliant people to post.

And earlier this week, over in Badger World , she mentioned her new favorite cookbook, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. And since I'm still sort of...confined...and looking for alternatives to watching the same Monk episodes three times a day, I bought it.

I love it. I left the house this morning to deliver a kid somewhere and on the way home I stocked up on unbleached all-purpose flour and jar yeast.

I am on a mission from God. (That's a Blues Brother's quote and if you didn't know that, you don't need to be here.)

You need this book.



(Maybe City Girl can make that picture bigger. I'm not fooling with it.)

1 comment:

Jeff Hertzberg said...

Thanks Country Girl, you are awesome. I'm Jeff Hertzberg, one of the co-authors of the book, and you are too, too kind. Please check out our blog at www.artisanbreadinfive.com, where you can post questions into any "Comments" field, or into the "Bread Questions" field on the left side of the homepage.

Jeff Hertzberg
www.artisanbreadinfive.com